Wednesday, September 9, 2009

SUMMER DRESS

I have finally had a few days where I was feeling better and had some energy. I was able to concentrate too. Nice. So I brought out this dress I had began last year and decided to try to finish it. It is an 1860's authentic pattern, reduced for this 9 1/2 inch doll. The style is quite different from I what I have sewn in the past. Even with the directions, I still had to stop and figure out the correct construction method. I finished the bodice last Friday. Finally finished the skirt this afternoon. Very gratifying.
It was very satisfying to be able to make something. Although, I strained my right hand. A semi-serious carpel tunnel flare up. Between, using the mouse, crocheting and sewing. Makes me have to wait on projects while I rest my hand. I even have to be careful how I hold the book when I read. I'm seriously thinking about getting a book stand.
I have not worked on the afghan for quite awhile. Have to get back to that, before Christmas.
*****************************

No comments: