Saturday, July 17, 2010

LET THEM EAT CAKE---------------

Which cake master do you watch most? The one with incredibly embarrassing family? Or the real together Ace guy? And his supportive, talented friends.
Jersey perhaps has been around longest.
But, Baltimore, he keeps his cool. What? you dropped the cake? I'll take a look, and see what it will take to repair it.
BOSS: WHAT, YOU DROPPED THE CAKE?!!?? NOW WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO? WE'RE GONNA BE LATE, ALWAYS SOMETHING, NOW WE HAVE TO MAKE NEW CAKE! etc.-on-on and on.
That drama. Why does everything be a big deal. At least he has never had to stand by and watch his livelyhood burn to ashes. Just because you're family, doesn't mean anything. Most of the time, family employees are a trainwreck.
I've seen that too many times, up close and personal.
Ace, he does it because her loves it, and he has a lively creative mind. Each cake is completely different.
Ok, so Boss, went out and solicited a NASCAR life size cake. doesn't count. He went to them, not the other way round.
I do not care for Cupcake Wars. Dull idea..
I like cake. My Mom and I like cake, as did Dad and my two brothers. We used to bake cake three or four times a month. depended on how fast it was eaten.
But, back then, 'fancy' home cakes were de trope. You could buy them at a bakery, and you didn't mess up the kitchen.
What was funny though. when I went away to jr. college. At the dorm, our housemother, handed me the the cake and tubes of icing, and said. 'Well, since you are the artist, you can decorate the cake."
I was so surprised!! Then I laughed, "Well now, my very first personally commissioned, piece of art!!". one has to start somewhere."
So, for the next two years, I put the decorations on all and any, celebratory cakes, Mrs. Key made.
No, I've never worked in a bakery. As it turned out, I became a floral designer instead.
******************************************************

No comments: