Wednesday, June 17, 2009

BOOKS!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been browsing Amazon for something new to read. Goodness, there must be more than hundred new books out, on all of the recent archaeology finds. What to do, what to read first. I did buy a book titled; The Horse,The Wheel and Language: How Bronze Age riders from The Eurasian Steppes, Shaped the Modern World . I thought it would have more info on the development of language. However it is more about all of the the new finds and ties between different tribes. Very little about language. There was more in 'Black Athena'.
I did find a book about: 'Our Magnificent Bastard Tongue; The Untold Story of English', so, I may buy that one next. Because, after all, English is a mixed bag, words borrowed from a great many sources. That's why others find it very difficult to learn. Such as: 'i' before 'e', except after 'c', also as in 'neighbor and 'weigh'. But, all one needs do is remember the rules. But, people hate rules, so they ignore them and commit all sorts of grammatical crimes and misdemeaners.
I'ved always loved History, of all categories.
*********************************

No comments: