Sunday, February 15, 2009

THE SWING


THE SWING
How do you like to go up in a swing.
Up in the air so blue?
Oh, I do think it is the pleasantest thing
Ever a child can do!
Up in the Air and over the wall,
Till I can see so wide
River and trees and the cattle and all
Over the countryside.
Till I look down on the garden green,
Down on the roof so brown--
Up in the air I go flying again.
Up in air and down!
ROBERT LOUIS STEVENSON

*********************************************
Swinging was something I so liked to do when I was a kid. My Dad built us a swing in the front yard. But, our Mom didn't like it. It was an eyesore and a deathtrap, as far as she was concerned. We had it for awhile during one summer, until Mom got so nervous and skittish, Poppa took it down. My cousin had a small swing out in back of her house. So, I could swing there if she was home. It was a low swing. Just small child size, for her, as she is 5 yrs. younger than I am.
The tract where we bought our first house, had a great park. And in the park was a wonderful set of swings. So, for the time we lived there, I could swing anytime I wanted to. But, since we moved from there, I had not had anyplace with swings.
And yes, I miss it. Swinging, believe it or not, is a very good way to exercise.












No comments: